Saturday, September 11, 2010

Whoa now, Procrastinator.

I set up this blog a few years ago for a couple reasons. I was a young wife and new mom living hours away from my family and friends and blogging seemed like a good way of sharing my problems or joys when my loved ones could not be reached by phone. I also thought it would be a way of connecting with others I would not otherwise have the opportunity to connect with. Why I never took the time to post is beyond my comprehension. Perhaps it was getting pre-occupied and busy with life. Going to school, finding a job I loved, making new friends, dealing with my husband's deployment when our first daughter was only 6 months old, etc. Life has a funny way of encouraging me to start a project, and then swiftly and effectively booting me right off the path.

Well, here I am, 3 years later, still a (somewhat) young wife and now a mother of two living not just hours away from loved ones, but thousands of miles away! Literally separated from the majority of my close-knit clan by the Pacific Ocean and one or two time zones. I again find myself wanting to connect with others, so I have decided to dust off this old blog, and make some friends. Let me introduce myself.

My name is Chelsey. I married my high school sweetheart, Tony, pretty much as soon as I legally could, and we've been loving each other, laughing at life and ourselves, and making babies ever since. We have two beautiful, clumsy, intelligent, goofy daughters, 4 years and 1 year old. They both look so much like their daddy, I fall in love with each of them a little more every time they smile at me. I grew up absolutely convinced I never wanted children. I am so glad life kicked me off my path again because my kids make life so much brighter.
That's me in a nutshell. I plan on posting more later, and thank you for reading so far :)

No comments: